- 6mm Allen Socket
- 2.5-inch (64mm) Oil Filter Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Shop Rags
Always check and change the oil at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual. Always change the oil filter when changing the oil. When changing the oil on your vehicle, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. The engine drain plug is located on the bottom of the crankcase.
To change the oil and filter on your ACE 325, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Start the engine and let it idle for 2 to 3 minutes. Stop the engine.
3. Clean the area around the drain plug (1).
4. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase and remove the drain plug using a 6mm Allen socket. Allow the oil to drain completely. Caution: Do not allow hot oil to contact skin. Hot oil can cause burns to skin.
5. Reinstall the sealing washer on the drain plug. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
6. Reinstall the drain plug using a 6mm Allen socket. Torque to 11 to 13 ft-lbs (14.5-17.5 Nm).
7. Remove the cover screws and then the oil filter cover.
8. Using a 2.5-inch (64 mm) cap-style oil filter wrench, turn the filter (2) counter-clockwise to remove it. Also remove and retain the spring for reinstallation.
9. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase. Make sure the old filter O-ring is completely removed.
10. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition. Install the O-ring to the filter cover.
11. Reinstall the oil filter spring, then install the new filter.
12. Reinstall the cover and cover screws. Torque the screws to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
13. Access the dipstick through the right rear wheel well. Always clean away all dirt and debris from the dipstick area before removing the dipstick (3). Remove the dipstick and fill with 1.75 quarts (1.65 L) of the recommended oil.
14. Reinstall and tighten the dipstick.
15. Make sure the transmission is in PARK. Apply the brakes.
16. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
17. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
18. Re-check the oil level on the dipstick and add oil as necessary to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
19. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.