When servicing your Polaris ACE, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. To inspect or replace the drive belt on your ACE 900, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Using a 10mm socket, remove the eight fasteners securing the outer clutch cover to the vehicle.
3. Tilt the clutch cover back and remove from the rear of the vehicle.
4. Inspect the clutch cover seal and replace if needed. The seal is part number 5521831.
5. Note the drive belt direction of rotation so it can be installed in the same direction.
6. Insert the clutch spreader tool into the driven clutch and spread the clutch sheaves. Caution: Ensure the tool is square with the moveable sheave surface of the driven clutch.
7. Carefully walk the belt off the clutch.
8. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage. Replace if needed.
9. Clean out the inside of the clutch duct thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control and severe injury or death.
10. When reinstalling the belt, ensure the belt is installed in the same direction of travel.
- If replacing the belt, install so that the part number on the belt is facing outward. The belt is part number 3211172.
11. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave, opening the sheaves with the spreader tool as needed.
12. Spin the driven clutch five to seven times to seat the belt.
13. Install the outer clutch cover from the rear of the vehicle, and pivot onto the inner clutch cover. Important: Ensure the clutch cover seal is fully seated in the clutch cover when installing.
14. Install the eight clutch cover fasteners. Torque to 24 in-lbs (3 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.