VIDEO: ACE 500 and 570 Air Filter Replacement
Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris ACE. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always change the air filter at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart found in your Owner's Manual.
To clean or replace the air filter on your ACE 500 or 570, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Remove the cargo box access panel.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Locate and unclip the two airbox cover clips and carefully remove the airbox cover.
5. Inspect the airbox seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814106.
6. Using a 6mm socket or flat blade screwdriver, loosen the air filter clamp and remove the air filter.
7. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. The air filter is part number 7082037. Notice: In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air. If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
8. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
9. Reinstall the air filter if clean or install a new filter. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
10. Using a 6mm socket, tighten the air filter clamp. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
11. Reinstall the airbox cover. Ensure the alignment tabs are properly positioned.
12. Secure the two cover clips.
13. Reinstall the cargo box access panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.