When changing the oil and filter on your Polaris ACE, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. To change the oil and oil filter on your ACE 150, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Start the engine. Allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stop the engine.
5. Clean the area around the engine oil dipstick.
6. Remove the dipstick and set aside.
7. Using 10mm and 8mm sockets, remove the four nuts and bolts holding the lower chain guard in place. Remove the lower chain guard to prevent oil from collecting on it.
8. Clean the area around the engine pre-filter plug.
9. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent splashing of oil.
10. Using a 17mm socket, remove the pre-filter plug and pre-filter screen. Allow the oil to drain completely. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
11. Wash the oil pre-filter screen with solvent to remove debris. Allow the screen to air-dry.
12. The external oil filter is located behind the seat on the right-hand side of the rear swingarm. The screw-on filter should be replaced when the oil is changed.
13. While the oil is draining, turn the oil filter counter-clockwise using the appropriate tool for your filter to remove it.
14. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase. Ensure sure the old filter O-ring is completely removed.
15. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition.
16. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, and then turn it an additional ¾ of a turn. The filter is part number 3023344.
17. Clean the pre-filter plug and verify the O-ring is not damaged. Replace if nessasary. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
18. Re-assemble the pre-filter screen and spring to the pre-filter plug.
19. Reinstall the pre-filter drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
20. Reinstall the lower chain guard.
21. Add 35.5 ounces (1,050 mililiters) of the recommended oil. Do not overfill. Notice: Use a funnel as needed to avoid spilling.
22. Reinstall the dipstick.
23. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
24. Stop the engine.
25. Inspect for leaks.
26. Check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
27. Wipe up any residual oil that may have collected on vehicle components.
28. Dispose of the used filter and oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.