Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ACE. To change the transmission fluid on your ACE 150, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the parking brake is set.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the fluid from splashing.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug on the right-hand side of the gearcase and remove the fill plug with a 17mm socket.
5. Next, clean the area around the drain plug.
6. Remove the drain plug with a 17mm socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Inspect both plugs and sealing surfaces. The sealing surfaces should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
8. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
9. Fill the transmission with the recommended amount of fluid. Do not overfill or fill to the bottom of the fill plug hole. The fluid capacity is 25 ounces (750 mL). The recommended fluid is AGL Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid (part number 2878068).
10. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
12. Finally, dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.