Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris ACE. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always change the air filter at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart found in your Owner's Manual.
The air filter for your ACE 900 XC is part number 7082115.
To clean or replace the air filter on your ACE 900 XC, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Remove the cargo box access panel.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Locate and unclip the two airbox cover straps and carefully remove the airbox cover.
5. Inspect the airbox seal and replace if necessary.
6. Remove the air filter by pulling to the right, toward the passenger’s side of the vehicle.
7. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary.
- In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
- Do not attempt to clean the air filter with compressed air.
- If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
8. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Check the airbox cover seal. Notice: Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake tube before installing the filter.
9. Reinstall the air filter if clean or install a new filter. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
10. Reinstall the airbox cover. Ensure the alignment tabs are properly positioned.
11. Secure the four cover clips.
12. Reinstall the cargo box access panel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.