When changing the engine oil and filter on your Polaris ACE, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves.
To change the engine oil and filter on your ACE 500 or ACE 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Start the engine and allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stop the engine.
5. Remove the cargo box access panel by pulling up on the latch.
6. Remove any debris near the engine oil cap and remove the oil cap.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent splashing of oil.
8. Using a 6mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
9. Remove the oil filter using a 2.5-inch (64mm) oil filter wrench.
10. Apply a small amount of clean engine oil to the new filter seal.
11. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase. Make sure the old filter O-ring is completely removed.
12. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, and then turn it an additional ¾ of a turn. The oil filter for an ACE 500 or 570 is part number 2540086.
13. Clean any residual oil around that may be left near the oil filter.
14. Inspect the drain plug and sealing surfaces. Install a new sealing washer on the drain plug. The sealing washer is part number 5812232. Notice: The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
15. Clean the sealing surfaces and reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
16. Wipe up any residual oil on the vehicle.
17. Fill the engine with 2 quarts (1.9 liters) of the recommended oil. Your Polaris Oil Change Kit comes with the proper amount of oil. The oil change kit for an ACE 500 or 570 is part number 2202166.
18. Reinstall the oil cap.
19. Start the engine and allow to idle for 1-2 minutes.
20. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
21. Check the oil level and add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
22. Wipe up any residual oil that may have collected on vehicle components.
23. Reinstall the cargo box access panel.
24. Dispose of the used filter and oil properly.
Programmable Service Interval
The service interval counter on your ACE decreases as engine operation hours increase. Change your engine oil and filter at the recommended service intervals.
To reset or change the service interval:
1. Press and hold the MODE button to enter the Options Menu. "OPTIONS" will display on the screen for 3 seconds before showing the first menu item.
2. Select "Service Hours" from the Options Menu by pressing the MODE button.
Reference the image shown above:
- (1) Press the MODE button.
- (2) Toggle the Up/Down buttons to change the units (0, 5, 10, -95, 100).
- (3) With the correct unit displayed, press the MODE button, which will set the unit and return you to the Options Menu.
To reset service hours after they have counted down to "0.0," reselect the existing setpoint or select a new service hour value.
3. To exit the Options Menu, select the Exit Menu function from the Options Menu; hold the MODE button and exit out of the Options Menu; or do not press any button for 10 seconds, which will exit out of the Options Menu.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.